SHERIFF'S OFFICE DISPATCHER
Ozaukee County Sheriff’s Office
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Starting Rate of Pay 2024: $25.15 - $32.14 based on experience with an excellent benefit package and WI Retirement System
LATERAL TRANSFERS ACCEPTED
The Ozaukee County Sheriff’s Office, an equal opportunity employer, is accepting applications for Dispatcher. A Dispatcher’s primary responsibility is to receive and transmit reliable information to facilitate communications for law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel 24/7 during emergency and non-emergency operations; and make inquiry with local, State and Federal data resources, record a variety of data and other duties as assigned. Dispatchers are often the first point of contact for people in desperate need of help. Candidates need to work well under stress, must remain calm and keep their wits about them, and make sense of what the caller is dealing with so they can provide the exact emergency services needed.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
- Dispatchers work a revolving schedule; on five days, off two days, on four days, off two days.
- Shift extensions are possible.
- Dispatchers must be able to multitask and deal effectively with different personality types.
- They must remain in control of their own emotions so they can help the caller or victims remain calm.
- Candidates will train on all three shifts and will fill openings on second and third shifts.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, as well as strong communication skills.
- Must have the ability to speak clearly and coherently.
- Must be proficient on a computer, with excellent data entry skills and have experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Experience in radio dispatching preferred.
Candidates will be required to participate in a situation based computer exam / Criticall. Successful candidates will continue on to interviews. Candidates must be of good character as determined by an extensive pre-employment investigation and are required to pass physical and psychological examination and drug screening.
**If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Hannah Karnitz, Administrative Services Coordinator, at either 262.284.8430 or at [email protected] **
Ozaukee County offers a generous benefits package including: health, dental, life, & vision insurance; free employee health clinic & Teladoc; paid holidays, vacation, & sick time; state of Wisconsin WRS defined benefit pension program; bonus opportunities; employee fitness room; wellness program & wellness reimbursement; tuition reimbursement & continuing education opportunities; and more! Please note some that benefits offered are dependent on full-time/part-time status.
Ozaukee County prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Ozaukee County also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.